Friday, April 4, 2014

Drew's 4th Birthday!

I cannot believe that Drew is 4 years old!  Honestly, just yesterday he seemed like a toddler and today like a little boy.  We had so much fun celebrating Drew's birthday.  He always times his birthday when the Marina opens.  He was so excited to find out that the Marina opened on March 28th!  Right when we got there, he told everyone he was going to be four soon!  
This year for his birthday he wanted Irish stuff, a sandbox, a wakeboard and walkie-talkies.  We got him the sandbox.  It was hilarious because when he saw the box he screamed, "I got a double deer stand!"  I think he was a little disappointed - what four year old even thinks of a double deer stand (Conner and Drew for sure!)
Drew was so excited to turn four and is so excited to keep getting older.  In fact, yesterday on our way home from Tennessee, he and Conner got into a fight because Drew said he was already four and a half!  He is so excited for his friend party this weekend!  Over the past year, Drew has grown in many ways.  His legs are longer and he is so much taller.  He is doing an amazing job with school and daycare.  He loves it and isn't afraid to go.  Plus, everyone there loves him too.  He is very sensitive - when he is hurt, scared or tired; he still wants to be held.  When I hold him, he still lays his head on my shoulder and he runs his fingers through my hair.  I still rock him during these times.  He still sleeps with stuffed animals or blankets when he is really tired.  I am going to miss it when he doesn't do these things anymore.  The advantage of being the second child is that we, as parents, know that this stage won't last forever so I think we cherish it more. I know that I do and whenever he wants to - I stop everything and just sit and hold him.

Drew also has the best dance moves around - right now he has mastered the dance to gangham style and he gets those hips moving while he is doing it.  He also has an imagination bigger than the universe itself: he goes hunting, gator catching, rides monster trucks and races them almost every day.  I love to hear him play by himself and with Conner.  He changes his voice to a more southern draw, he changes his name and he travels the world. Drew is also very mischievous right now.  He tries to get Conner in trouble and he doesn't tell the truth when he has done something wrong.  We are working on those things.  My favorite part about him is his smile and his eagerness to please everyone.  He loves to help us and help others.  He wakes up ready to conquer the world.  He wants to be 7 and I want him to stay this age forever.


No comments: