Saturday, October 17, 2015

The truth...

For years, I have been a hunter's widow from October to January.  At first, I hated it:  Jason and I barely got to see each other and then every day that he was off or had free time, he was out in a tree stand from 4:30 a.m to 9:00 p.m.  But over time, I began to realize how important it was to him - how much he enjoyed it - and how much he looked forward to it.  Now, I never understood how someone could enjoy sitting out in the cold that long with little sleep and no food.  Also, he was always so so tired after he got home - and then the whole next week (until the day came when he could hunt again) he was still exhausted (and boy did I hear about how tired he was)! When the boys turned four, Jason started taking them hunting as well - and they loved it too!!  Well, a few weeks ago, Conner sent me this text message from their new hunting "blind":
I immediately died laughing - all these years Jason was just so "exhausted" from hunting.  To top it off, I also got this picture:

The truth is out!!! Conner got Daddy BUSTED!  I told Jason I will never let him live this one down!

No comments: