Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mother's Day tea

The best quote about motherhood is "the days are long but the years are short"  Some days, I honestly don't know if I will survive.  Other days I go to bed at night wishing for just one more hour with the kids.  As I watched Drew preform at his Mother's Day tea program, I couldn't hold back the tears.  Just two years ago, he sobbed at his first school program.  He kept motioning to me - through huge tears- to come and get him off the stage.  This year though, he stood their with confidence and preformed his heart out.  I am so proud of Drew.  He is a kid who is great at everything - no matter what sport he tries, he excels.  His grades are amazing - so much so that the teacher gave him extra work this year.  But, the best thing about Drew is that he never brags, in fact, he always tries to do better and encourage others to do better too.  He is such a bright, shining light.  





No comments: