Sunday, June 10, 2018

Last Days at St. Sue

When Conner first started at St. Susanna more than seven years ago, I was so nervous.  Would they really take care of him?  Could I trust them?  Was he in the right place?  Would they love him?  All of those answers were answered yes in more ways than I could have ever imagined.  To say that I am thankful for the teachers, staff and administrator's at St. Susanna, does not properly describe how truly thankful I am.  They helped Jason and I to raise wonderful boys who love others, help others, who are confident, smart and giving.  On the last day, both Conner and Drew won the "Spirit of St. Susanna Award" which is given to one boy and one girl in each grade level.  The award is given to the students who show the most kindest and Christ-like values.   To say that I am proud is an understatement.  These boys, with their big hearts and caring ways are going to do something so great that I can't even begin to imagine what it is.  I am so blessed that I get to be their mom.  That being said, I realize that their foundation was build by St. Susanna.  As we make our way into a new school next year, I will be forever grateful for St. Susanna and our St. Susanna family.  I will miss the comfort of the small building and knowing everyone's names.  I will miss the way Father talks to them each and every day.  Most of all, I will miss knowing that each and every day my kids are learning and growing.  I hope that we get just as comfortable at our new school next year.







No comments: